Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I received an email today informing me that Children's Hope International (my adoption agency) just received 6 China referrals (adoption placements) - six girls ranging in age from 2 1/2 to 4 for adoptive families with a log-in date of Dec. 19, 2005. This is a good way to end 2007. That's the positive spin on things.....the negative spin on things is that in the year 2007, there were only 3 months worth of referrals, meaning that for example, referrals (or placements) only occurred for people with log-in dates from say Oct 1, 2005 through Dec. 19, 2005. For someone like me with a log-in date of April 13, 2007, this means that I'm in for a very long wait.....that's the negative spin. The positive spin is that each day that passes is one day closer to Caroline. For now I'm going to stick to the positive spin on things.

No comments: