Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Caroline's First Easter Celebration


Caroline is 'cheesin' for the camera.






Momma, Caroline, and Grandma at Sheila's house in Quincy, IL on Easter Sunday afternoon.


Since I made the decision to adopt, it was necessary for me to occasionally purchase 'things' for my daughter....someone who I loved in my heart....but someone that was unknown to me. I needed tangible things to make her real. About 3 years ago I bought a size 2T dress that would be perfect for Easter. It has hung in my daughter's bedroom closet for 3 years now. I would look at that dress, even hold that dress and dream about my little girl wearing it. This past weekend my dream came true. Caroline wore it for Easter. It was a very special day for me, not just because we celebrated the Resurrection, but I celebrated my dream coming true. This made God so real to me. He honors the desires of our hearts. What a wonderful God we serve.



2 comments:

Glenda said...

Amen! I know exactly how you feel. There were times in our adoption journey when you wonder if it will every happen. Those times just make it all the more sweet when you finally get to hold your child. Happy Easter! Caroline and her dress are beautiful!

Anne Meeker said...

There you go making me cry again. Your words honored your daughter as well as your God. What a gorgeous and happy girl she is. So proud to know you, little mama!