Saturday, August 16, 2008

Got my Updated 171H and I'm Glued to the Olympics

Yesterday I received my renewed 171H form from the Indianapolis USCIS office. I could just kiss Cecilia, the lady that handles all of these forms. I've said for many, many months that she is one of my guardian angels. It took less than a week for me to receive my updated 171H form after sending in my updated home study and fingerprints....less than a week. Wow. I hear some horror stories for people in other states who wait for weeks to receive their 171H. My adoption paperwork will be current until Feb. 2010. Please, Lord, let me have my little Caroline before that! Well, Cecilia, hats off to you and God bless you!

I'm glued to the Olympics....absolutely addicted. I'm sure that other 'waiting' adoptive parents are watching the Olympics with the same fervor. I watch the Today Show every day, hanging on every word, watching every feature....hoping to see more China landscape....hoping to see some China babies and toddlers. I stay up until 1:00 am watching events that I don't really like so much, but that doesn't seem to matter. This experience is wonderful and difficult at the same time. Watching makes me long for my little Caroline. Watching these games makes me feel closer to her, somehow.

No comments: