Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hague Accreditation

Wonderful news! Children's Hope International (CHI), my adoption agency, has just received their Hague Accreditation. This has been a difficult process to go through for all concerned, but it has ended with a positive result. This news has lifted the spirits of CHI families and we are more hopeful now.

This means that CHI will begin receiving the 'waiting child' or special needs listings. This would include children who have minor to major medical issues, or they may be healthy older children. I have decided that I will have my name included on the SN list while maintaining my spot on the non-special needs list. I have prayerfully considered this option, and I believe it is the right thing to do. I don't feel like I (as a single working mom) should try to consider any major medical condition, but I feel quite comfortable with many of the medical conditions that typically affect these kiddos. Many times, the children have already been medically treated and are healthy. So....I'm waiting to find out what the updated SN process is, and will put my name 'in the hat.'

Thank you for your continued prayers regarding my adoption of Caroline Anne. While I don't yet know who she is.......Caroline is my daughter already. She is tangible to me, not just a dream or a thought. I miss her and I don't even know her. I long to hold her on my lap......I long to hold her close and look at her nose-to-nose. I know it will happen one of these days.

No comments: