Monday, May 10, 2010

A Special Mother's Day


This was my first Mother's Day as a mommy. For many years I have dreaded the holiday, except to celebrate my own mom. The holiday always made me feel inadequate as a woman and caused me to feel different/odd/strange because I didn't 'have' what the other women had. I will always understand how women with no children feel on Mother's Day. I will always seek out that woman and give her a hug, because I 'understand.' But for me, this year was so special because I am FINALLY a mommy. My daughter gave me hugs and kisses and seemed to know that Sunday was a special day. She also gave Grandma a few extra hugs. I feel blessed beyond words. The picture above includes from L to R: my mom, Caroline, me, and our good friend Myrna. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the Hostess House.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Happy, Happy Mother's Day to you Chris! Children are such joys and gifts, aren't they?