Thursday, November 22, 2007

I'm Giving Thanks

I'm giving thanks (on this Thanksgiving Day) for my friends (the Sonnefields) who welcome Mom and I into their home. For the last two years they have invited us to spend this special day with them as if we were family.......we ARE like family.

I'm thankful to God who has blessed me in so many ways.......

I'm thankful for a Mom who loves me beyond measure. Besides the fact that she is a VERY GOOD cook, she and I are able to live together and be very happy. Not many mothers and adult daughters can say that.

I give thanks for my profession. I am able to spend every day doing what I love - teaching music. Not many people can say that they love their job.....I do.

I'm thankful that I have a new purpose in life - Caroline. I think about the Thanksgivings in the future, spending it with my new daughter. I'll have to start being the 'responsible' adult who prepares the fancy meal at holiday time. My only qualm is that I fear I will need to learn how to cook a turkey and all of the trimmings. Oh, my. Perhaps next year, I'll start this process by producing something low key like a pumpkin pie. Or yams. Well, I'll worry about that later. I guess I should now give thanks for the fact that Mom has lots of cookbooks and lots of patience to teach me how to use them.

No comments: