Monday, November 12, 2007

The Long Wait

For several years, my life has revolved around my students. I love to be around my students, and I love to see them grow in terms of their knowledge and skill. I love to see them grow emotionally and spiritually. That is very fulfilling to me. A big piece of my heart belongs to my students. I am sincere when I say that I love my students.
Now, my life revolves arounds my upcoming adoption from China. I felt called to adopt from China in April 2006; then, I began the process of the adoption agency application, home study and dossier preparation culminating in my China log-in date of April 13, 2007. My adoption agency is Children's Hope International.
I am currently 49-years-old, single; years passed, and I got to the point that I just didn't think that I would ever be a mom. I just closed that part of my heart. Over the years, I thought about adoption, but it was never 'the right time.' So, when God tapped me on the shoulder very firmly (thanks Anne and Pam), I had to start believing that I could, in fact, be a mom to more than my students and my doggies. God has allowed my heart to soften to the idea of really being a mom. It's an amazing feeling.
So, I've already endured a very long wait - getting to the realization that I needed to be a mom.......now, I've got a long wait to bring home my daughter from China. I don't know when that day will come - China is taking a very long time to place their children - but I think of her and pray for her every day. I have chosen the name Caroline Anne.

No comments: