Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Semester Ends

This is the last week of classes here at the university. Students are stressed, professors are stressed.......everyone seems to be walking around with this blank stare.....I've never seen it this bad before. I'm wondering if students are changing; they don't seem to be able to handle deadlines. They don't seem to be able to abide by the guidelines that are given to them. I'm afraid I don't have much patience for college students who can't live by the rules. Well, I could go on and on, but I won't.

Professors (including myself) are teaching tremendous overloads. I am at school (on average) 12 to 14 hours each day. That is a normal day. Yesterday, I arrived at school at 8:00 am and left my office at 11:30 p.m......and I still had work to do when I got home. So, I'm basically exhausted. I am anxiously awaiting the end of the semester so that I can get a break from this schedule. It's a darn good thing that I love what I do......and it's a darn good thing that I love my students.

I get concerned about this schedule in future semesters. When I bring Caroline home, I want to spend every extra moment with her. I pray that we will have more faculty members in our music department to take some of the load.

Caroline......I think of you every day. I pray for you every day. I wonder and anticipate what life will be like when I bring you home.

No comments: