Sunday, February 24, 2008

Baby Dedications

There was a baby dedication at church this morning. Normally, I love these events. It seems like I've witnessed more of these events in the last few months than I have in the last several years. That may or may not be the case....perhaps these events just have more of an effect on me now.......now that I'm WAITING for my little adopted one. Now it's rather hard to witness these dedications....I'm certainly happy for these new parents and their beautiful baby, don't get me wrong....it's a beautiful moment. But, it just drives home the fact that I have no idea when I'll be having my dedication for Caroline. So as not to end this journal entry on a downer (don't like to do that)....I'll just say that at today's dedication, the baby's big sister (3-years-old) decided it would be fun to run and jump around the front of the sanctuary during the ceremony. All of these family members were standing in front and were afraid to do anything about it. I will say that I no longer criticize this kind of thing because I know that one day my daughter will most likely decide to dance around where she shouldn't....and I'll have that same "I don't know what to do" look on my face. :) Sometimes you just have to laugh.

No comments: