1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss then goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted one child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who've experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about the adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You've been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth (2 years!).
8. You had no idea how you'd afford to adopt, but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing that God provides (and HE does!).
9. You've taken an airplane half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could every leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word "dossier" means and you can actually pronounce it correctly!
13. You've welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child's so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you're the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
I did not write this, but read it on another blog. True stuff.