Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I had to share a cute picture of my basset baby Higgins, who is shown in his favorite position in the leather recliner with his 'favorite' fleece throw. He's 5-years-old and very spoiled. I've enjoyed spending time with him over the last couple of days. I'm enjoying a few days off for Thanksgiving break and it's been fun to cuddle with my precious dog who gives unconditional love (and sloppy kisses).

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone without Caroline. Yesterday, at a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with friends, I had at least two questions of "I thought you were adopting a baby from China.....what happened?" Or, "Why is the adoption taking so long?" I certainly appreciate the fact that people inquired.....I'd almost feel worse if people didn't mention anything about the adoption. But, when I tell them that I probably won't have Caroline at NEXT year's Thanksgiving....the reality does sink in.

I am very thankful for what I have and WHO I have. I continue to have a wonderful job and a wonderful Mom, extended family, friends, and terrific students. I have a nice home that I enjoy, and a new church family that cares very much for me. And, I am thankful for this adoption journey.....the fact that I was able to get my dossier logged-in before the new China restrictions took place....the fact that my home study update and the renewal of the I171H form came quickly. I'm thankful that each day is one day closer to Caroline. I have alot to be thankful for. :)

No comments: