Monday, September 6, 2010

Final Post-Adoption Home Visit Done - New Homestudy Started for Adoption No. 2

Last Friday was our final post-adoption home visit for Caroline.  I wasn't the least bit worried....not because I'm such a confident mom, but because our social worker makes us feel so at ease.  I just love him.  He played with Caroline - mainly letting her trace his hand on paper and watched her 'write' our names on paper.  He also played ball with her a little bit, and he asked me several questions about her progress.  It went fine!  Then, he gave me a stack of paperwork to do for the the new homestudy for adoption no. 2.  I'm not quite so stressed about it this time around.  It will still require several hours of work but I've done it before so I can do it again.   Also, I will be starting a new blog for daughter no. 2, who shall be named Claudia Ashlyn (insert African name) Lessly.   I will be adopting my second daughter from the Democratic Republic of Congo in Central Africa.   I'm very excited about this next step in my life's journey.  I believe that this is what God wants me to do.  He has opened more than one door for this to happen.  It was also nice to hear my social worker agree that it is a 'good thing' and thinks this will be great for Caroline.

4 comments:

Deven said...

I didn't know you were pursuing another adoption. Congratulations in advance!

Glenda said...

Wonderful news! I have close friends with a daughter from China and one from Ethiopia. I can't believe we've had our Guangdong blessings for almost a year.

Kramer said...

Chris,
Congrats on your one year visit being done and on starting another adoption! I have been following your blog since I met you in Guangzhou but I am bad about leaving messages (sorry)! I can't believe how big Caroline has gotten. We have our one year Gotcha Day on 9/13 for Emma! We met you the day before you got your sweet Caroline at the buffet at China Hotel. We too are preparing to start adoption #2! I would love to follow your blog if you don't mind. My email address is: Kramer651@insightbb.com
Kim

McMary said...

totally awesome news. I can't wait to follow your second blog for your second daughter.
I am also somewhat jealous as I don't think number 2 will be happening for me.