Thursday, August 20, 2009

Visa Application Sent In

I sent the visa application to a Chicago courier today.....so many details to take care of, but it's done now. I'm looking at an Oct 8-22 travel time to China. Pray for the travel approval to come quickly.....but not too quickly. If it comes before the 26th, my travel date moves up to September. As much as I want to get my baby girl NOW......it would greatly complicate so many things if I were to travel in September. So, I'm just praying for God's perfect timing for travel.

On Tuesday, I had one of those 'God moments.' I went to my office to do some much needed cleaning. I always end up with such a pile of stuff on my desk by the end of spring semester. Thinking back to February (or so) .......I decided to put away a wonderful calendar about China that was given to me by a former student. It is the kind of flip calendar that is not year-specific, but each day there is a description of a certain city or area of China....each page ends with a prayer. I have not looked at that calendar for about 4 or 5 months. So, Tuesday as I was cleaning I decided it was time to pull out the calendar and put it back on my desk. I opened the calendar to Tuesday's date - August 18. As I looked at that page I got chills.......it was a description and prayer about Shenzhen City, where my little Caroline is from......a definite God moment. With 365 pages on the calendar, and only one page dedicated to Shenzhen City......that was not a coincidence that I pulled that calendar out of my desk. God is good.....all the time.

No comments: