Saturday, September 5, 2009

Getting Ready to Go to China!

The new fingerprint expiration date documents arrived in the mail on Friday. Perhaps you heard the big sigh of relief from me! Thank you so much, Officer Krieger for getting this done!

I booked our flights yesterday. We are flying from Chicago to Seoul, South Korea, to Guangzhou.

I can now start to get excited and have fun preparing for the trip. I have a HUGE pile of things that I plan to pack (not including clothes)....it is a mountain of stuff! But, it includes all of the recommended medicines, baby formula, baby snacks, 'mommy and grandma' snacks, gifts for the nannies and officials, potential medications for me (and mom), and toys for Caroline. We even need to take tissues with us...apparently restaurants and restrooms don't commonly keep tissues handy!

AND, today Mom and I made a trip to the Indianapolis Babies R Us in Greenwood to purchase the crib/toddler bed/mattress (had to drive 2 hours to get it), and a baby gate for the top of the stairs. We are going to hold out to get other needed things until after upcoming 'Caroline' showers.

Still pinching myself. Is it really happening?

1 comment:

McMary said...

IT IS REALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!
She is beautiful.
Safe travels.